A Virtual Private Network or VPN is emerging as the best option to browse the worldwide web without worrying about hackers intruding or intercepting your private and personal information. A VPN offers security by transmitting- through a network of computers- your data in an encrypted format that hackers cannot understand.
Well, the ubiquitous online fraud scares individuals from giving out their information online and corporate from sending out emails or other confidential information, rather they approach alternate methods to fulfill their goals. For example, instead of submitting credit card information online while making a purchase, they make a cash payment, etc. However, a VPN not only helps reduce the risk of online frauds, it has many other uses, as well!
A VPN connection also helps you browse the web without any restrictions. Today, many governments across the world restrict access to certain websites, while some companies allow members from certain locations, a region only to access their websites for privacy and other business reasons. In all these cases, a VPN is the best option to browse the web for unlimited access. Here is a list of reasons you should start using a VPN:
• Privacy: VPN uses strong encryption levels so hackers cannot intercept, read, or understand your information. Privacy and security is the primary concern of any organization or an individual. Employees of a company can connect to their office computers, networks remotely without any threat to the security of the information, data shared or exchanged in this way. In addition, employees can access company hardware resources such as printers, etc. As reliable network, VPN is the trusted source for Companies with multiple branches, or offices at multiple locations. One can safely connect to home network and access personal files by using a VPN.
• Hide your IP: A VPN masks and hides the IP, given to you by your ISP, so your location and activities remain untraceable. Neither your competitors nor governments can track your online activity, if you are involved in any project with sensitive data, information.
• Makes it impossible to intercept your Online Communication: With hackers getting technically strong, breaking into your inbox, chat sessions or even listening your Voice over Internet Protocols sessions or VOIPs (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-voip.htm) has become very easy. A VPN connection makes sure that all your communication, no matter what mode you use, is safe and secure.
• Unlimited access to Content: Some countries such as China, Iran, Cuba, Egypt, Belarus, etc. may block certain access to certain websites in their countries, if you are a travelling American and visiting these countries you cannot visit some of your favorite websites’ such as Twitter or YouTube. If you want to access these sites, subscribing to a VPN with your country IP address is the best solution. A VPN connection helps you access these sites without any restrictions. Well, a VPN helps you with unrestricted access to the online content irrespective of geographical limits; you can enjoy unrestricted access to any site even at your work place or school.
• Access public Wi-Fi with confidence: Accessing your bank website or personal email accounts from a hotel room using Wi-Fi exposes you to the threat of theft of the data. Using a most secure VPN that has strong encryption protocol is the safest way to browse websites that contain personal or financial information.
Finally, when travelling to a different country you may have to miss your TV shows back home, for example, an American may have to miss his or her favorite shows on Netflix, HBO NOW while travelling in a different country. With a VPN connection, you can mask your IP and make the companies believe that you are still in the US or your home country so you get access to these websites. Thus, a VPN helps you with unlimited access to online content in the most safe and secure way.