The demand for email archiving systems is on the rise, as more and more organizations started realizing the many benefits such systems offer their organizations. The overwhelming number of emails an organization receives–including junk and promotional mail along with useful exchange of communication between the employees of the organization or communication with outsiders including vendors, business partners etc. – on a daily basis clogs the inbox of the organizations.
Organizations may find it difficult to store all such messages, which creates serious space issues. And, retrieving important communication for future references becomes a challenge that requiring wading through thousands of emails that reach your inbox every day.
Email archiving systems perform a broader function as compared to the usual data back up and as such serves greater purposes. Data backup primarily involves restoring data, files in case of disasters such as disk failure, etc., on the other hand, email archiving helps recover such data along with minute details including the date of creation of the files, modification dates, etc., which also serves as proof for future references.
Email archiving system helps organizations save millions of money and valuable time, as archiving systems helps organizations an alternate way to access such emails via a self-serviced portal during downtimes. During downtimes when your tech team tries to retrieve your primary emails; your employees can still access their archived emails minimizing the effects of downtime.
Apart from increased productivity, email archiving offers many benefits to organizations, which include protection of intellectual data, monitoring employee activity, and following various regulatory compliances. Here is a list of benefits such archiving systems can offer businesses of any size and shape.
- Saves Space:Email archiving helps saves valuable disk space for latest and more relevant information that incoming emails contain. As the relevance of email increases, the number of emails any organization receives also increased and with attachments sent within the emails, their size also has become an issue. Saving such emails on your live server becomes very expensive to the organization where 100s of employees work. When such emails clog your inbox, it may not accommodate any further emails resulting in loss of potential business opportunities for your organization. Deleting some of the emails may not be an option, as they contain important data and information, alternatively subscribing for more space, server may cost your organization more money. Moving emails to a central archive or archiving emails is an efficient and cost effective option for organizations to preserve and protect valuable data while making space for new incoming emails to the organization without requiring heavy investment or causing data loss.
- Protecting Intellectual property of an organization: Employees generate important data and information for an organization, which could include generating leads, contacts of important authorities in an organization, and more. Such information serves as a great knowledge for future reference, and such data helps organization gain in potential business opportunities or find quality vendors, human resources, etc. Archiving your old emails helps organizations a great deal in protecting its intellectual property. The valuable information that these emails contain helps in future training of their new employees, presentation in meetings, sharing of details, etc.
- Improves Employee Productivity: With an email archiving solution, it becomes easy for employees to find an email that they have received in the past. The archiving system uses an indexing method, which avoids the pain of wading through the history of emails, digging piles of emails, to reach to the exact email that contains the required information. Indexed archiving of emails helps employees to find the email they need, right way without spending too much time on looking into the piles of emails saves time and improves productivity of the employees.
- Archiving helps solve Legal Issues: With all the data stored allowing easy access, legal departments can prepare proactively for any potential lawsuits. In addition, legal provisions require that organization preserve certain legal documents for a specific period. Without an effective archiving system in place, it becomes difficult for organizations to comply with such legal requirements.
- Regulatory Compliances: Apart from meeting legal compliances, email archiving also helps comply with many other regulatory compliances. Such compliances require many industries such as medical and healthcare, finance, energy, etc., to preserve and maintain the business documents and data for a certain amount of time.
Email archiving offers organization effective ways to protect, preserve and produce highly important data for furthering business goals, defending the organization against law suits, improving the skills and knowledge of its human resources and finally complying with many legal and regulatory laws in the most cost-effective and easy manner.