Hospitality industry is utterly driven and dependent on its services catered to the visitors. Any negligence in providing best services results in less or gradually no business. Services in hotel industry are the deciding factors after ambience and construction of a hotel, even a 7 star hotel loses its rating for not presenting up to the mark services. To avoid running your hotel at the mercy of trip advisers or tour promoters offer the exemplary services to the visitors.
Amongst various services phone system in hotel has to be faultless and latest as it is not only the need of visitors but is also need of the staff on duty. Best and trendy amenities telephone system amenities is a sort of promotion which are executed by the visitors of the hotel only through mouth publicity to their friends and families. Excellent hotel phone system allows better functionality at hotel along with delivering excellent as well as promptness to customers by staying attuned with their requirements. It is in fact a long term investment whose returns are high but initially could be slow.
How to choose phone system for your hotel?
Points to consider while selecting phone system –
● Primarily have clear cut idea of your needs and what are the features you would like to have in your hotel.
● Hire an experienced telecom expert guide for better ideas.
● Check out whether updating prevailing phone system or installation of new system is possible.
● Do not overlook the needs of your staff.
● Take into account future plans and figure out size of business.
● Share the shortcomings in present phone system to eradicate it in future.
● Cost of establishment of new system along with cost of upgrading and compare.
● Installation time it would take to start the phone system.
● Training period to acquaint the staff with the new system.
● Do check out scalability of system.
● It is wise to take demo in advance before finalizing the system as regrets are the only option left which could affect the repute of your hotel too.
● Do emphasize on maintenance cost as it is easy to buy an elephant but its look after turns out to be more expensive.
Most common and popular hospitality phone systems –
Normally found phone systems in hotel are:
This is the conventional type of phone system which has been in practice for long time and is still choice of majority of hoteliers today also. It involves wired system that connects all phones to one PBX. It is considered to be most dependable system while talking about drop-out prices and downtime.
It is latest introduction in the telecom world in which phones are interlinked through internet. It facilitates cheaper call rates however it is yet to become flawless as it hasn’t been able to rule out poor call quality and drop-outs.
Have detailed conversation with the telecom team while deciding the type of phone system you should opt for as smart investments guarantee success and happiness.
What more can you ask for better and smooth running of your hotel?
Here are some recently introduced features of phone system that you can be install at your hotel and enjoy better conduct –
● Front desk telephones with guest details (check in and checkout time)
● Wake up alarms
● Reminders to staff as well as guests
● Call cost that connects unswervingly to billing section.
● User friendly phone line
● Outside calls from guest rooms
The recently introduced features –
● One click call or transfer
● Search box to trace staff name or guest name
● Pop up screen revealing guest details
● Smart infinite wake ups which can be fixed as per date and time.
● Voicemail in the language preferred by guests
● Distinct wake – up options – snooze, weather forecast and room service
● Check out using the room phone
● Music on hold
● Mini Bar status and display
● Room status display
● Room clan status
● Room occupancy status
● Room shifting
● Remote programming
● Room reservation status
● Room monitoring
Stay updated with the latest and best technology introduced in the world of phone system to be able to provide your customers better than the best services and hiring the best telecom team will be like icing on the cake.