Virtual private network or VPN refers to a private network that connects remote computers or users by utilizing the internet. Through this the users enjoy the flexibility and ease of connecting remote servers for accessing and sharing data and collaborating with remotely located users maintaining full security and privacy features. In businesses through VPN remote offices and personnel can be provided resources and information over a secured network.
In complete contrast to expensive leased line VPN is cheap and require least trouble in setting up. VPN is now available as a service from several companies without the slightest worry of maintenance, performance and services. The rates for setting up and acquiring a VPN service depends on several factors, including the type of protocols chosen, features of anti-spyware, server geo-locations and mobile app functionality and support.
Let us have a look at five key advantages of setting up a Virtual Private Network.
1. Enhanced security and control
Data security and greater control over the remote users without compromising on security and privacy makes VPN so adorable to businesses.
• Connecting to the network using a VPN you get highest data security through various layers of encryption. With double encrypted data you can never suffer from unwanted intrusion and threat to data security.
• Using VPN a business can exercise real time control over the employee activity and accessibility and sharing of information even when they are remotely located. This gives a total control over several business locations and employees on the go or located in remote locations.
• While using Virtual Private Network you can enjoy browsing, maintaining complete anonymity. A VPN allows you anonymous access to any web apps and websites, maintaining tight security and privacy protocols.
2. Flexibility, ease of use and wider accessibility
Virtual Private Network is increasingly becoming popular for rigorous business activities because of the huge flexibility and ease that it makes them equipped with. A company or enterprise has the flexibility of accessing, delivering and sharing business information and collaboratively work with them while the employees, executives and stakeholders are located remotely.
• A VPN can play a big role in increasing productivity within a company by making remote collaboration, communication and data sharing possible.
• Sharing files between remotely located people over a long period of time gets extremely convenient and quicker with the help of a reliable and fastest VPN service.
• There cannot be a better and reliable network solution than VPN for accessing blocked websites or making inroads into websites with strong Internet filters. To beat internet censorship in some countries and accessing any website you have no better option than setting up a VPN (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_network).
• Even when you need an IP address that shows your location in a different country a VPN can make this available.
3. Greater performance efficiency
For businesses that require volumes of data transfer among several locations, rigorous communication and real time collaboration, VPN seems to be the invincible solution for them.
• VPN unlike other networking solutions, assures consistent performance and efficiency.
• You can enjoy higher bandwidth and data speed when using VPN.
• Most VPN service providers have the provision of unlimited bandwidth with guaranteeing highest efficiency.
4. Reduce costs
Virtual Private Network is less expensive compared to leased lines and this one major reason big corporation as well as small and medium enterprise is steadily switching to VPN. In several ways, a VPN can be cost effective.
• It offers a less expensive choice in place of cost intensive long distance leased lines.
• Cut the regular cost incurred by a company for long distance telephone calls to a minimum.
• After setting up VPN one saves a huge on maintenance cost is very low.
• When taking VPN from a service provider setting up the network, support and surveillance no longer remain as your concern.
5. VPN is scalable
As the company or organization grows the user volume also gets higher and naturally the network needs to be scalable in proportion to this growth. VPN is highly scalable and requires any major changes in the server or networking capacity as the demands grow.
• VPN is internet based and naturally it can mould itself in higher scalable service by simply tapping into public lines.
• For especially remote international locations with an internet based VPN service one can enjoy great service quality with higher scalability.